Turbomar Energia was established in 1951 as Turbomar – Comércio e Técnica de Máquinas, Lda., headquartered in Largo do Mastro, in Lisbon.
As it grew quickly, by 1969 it moved into new shops and offices in Linda-a-Velha.
At the time its main business was putting together Generator Sets from engines and alternators it imported from the UK.
Spare parts and technical service were complementary activities. Equally important at the time was the sale of telecom equipment, specifically radiotelephones, and the technical service to keep them running.
In the seventies the company started to promote the quality and reliability of ductile cast iron pipes in Portugal.
In the eighties it started to sell and provide technical service for Static Systems (Uninterruptible Power Systems – UPS, Stabilizers and DC Systems).
In the nineties the company entered the cogeneration business, selling Cogeneration Systems.
Convinced of the importance of cogeneration and that it should specialize in the Energy Industry, the company decided to focus on Energy Production and derivative businesses.
It shut down its ductile iron pipe business, transferred the telecom business to the person who had been Technically Responsible for it, spinning off a new business, Turborádio.
Later Turbomar Energia would also shut down its Static Systems area, transferring the business to another company.
Recently Turbomar Energia entered the Renewable Energy business (in addition to Biogas based cogeneration), including in its portfolio systems to produce energy from renewable sources, specifically Solar Energy (Photovoltics) and Fuel Cells.
As it completes its 60th anniversary, Turbomar Energia believes that its mission is to consolidate its position as a leading player in the Energy industry, combining quality and accumulated knowledge with the dynamics of a forward looking business.
Turbomar is NP EN ISO 9001:2008 certified.